Perfect night. Our monkey was so handsome and did not want to get out of his costume. Henry's highlight was the Langenbachs, Loftis Family, & Reynolds Family coming over and Trick or Treating in our neighborhood.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Henry does this new trick where he says, for example, "want to go to the pumpkin patch?" And then I foolishly repeat it to make sure I understood him, "Do you want to go the the Pumpkin Patch?" Then Henry answers, "yes!" As if I was asking him. We did this all week. On Saturday he said, "Pumpkin Patch tomorrow." And then Sunday morning says, "Pumpkin Patch!" So, we had a Mom & Son date, just the two of us back to our new favorite PP. It was much cooler. I mainly followed Henry around. We went on the train and then spent the majority of the time with the animals. He pretended to feed the animals and talked to them. He also went through a mini-maze all by himself.
He really loved the young chickens...sorry Auntie Tricia
sorry about the goat-butt picture, but you can see Henry bossing them around
Good idea Henry-Boy, thanks for loving Pumpkin Patches as much as I do
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Pumpkin Patches are my passion. We tried Vertuccio Farms this year right next to Ryan's work. It had all we needed and not as expensive as Schnepf (and no bad memories of the Peach Festivals that I worked back in the day). It was a little warm for my taste, but sunshine is good. I may even go again...Zane and Zach would enjoy.
Special Guest Star: Pedro, Henry's Brazilian Uncle
(Ryan's Brazilian brother that stayed with them for a year in the 90's)
Ryan loves when I make us pose...I love it!
Henry gets to ride the Cow Train...here's my ticket
Thanks Ryan for taking one for the team
"How Tall This Fall"
Pedro being a good sport
This way guys!
Henry leading the way
The Goose Whisperer
Four Little Pumpkins rode out of sight (that is 3 pumpkins and my Henry Boy pumpkin)
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Oh Henry, from the moment we saw you squirreling around on the ultra-sound, I knew you would steal my heart...make me love you and drive me crazy all at the same time.
Things I have loved this second year of your life:
- words--you have a lot of them. Funny ones, serious ones, bossy ones, sassy ones and loving ones. I love when you say, "Not like thaaat," and drag out the "a"
- bath time--you have your own world in there. My favorite thing was one time when the alligator was being mean to the frog you said, "Now you are going to have to sit with me." And then you held the alligator to your chest gently and broke my heart.
- cousins--I love how you wrestle with them, laugh with them, watch them and yes, even fight with them.
- read--you go in your room, close the door (sometimes in my face) and read behind your door. I love hearing you read the words you have memorized.
- sing--you love your preschool songs and like to sing them loud, especially in the grocery store.
- play--you love to throw your animals from one place to another.
- puzzles--wow, how could you not love them when your parents are fanatics
- I just love you, not for what you do, but for who you are...and the brave, funny, serious, loving boy that you are becoming.
Thanks Lou Lou for taking Henry out for his birthday dinner and ice cream.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
So in all the sickness and hospital nonsense, I put Henry's 2nd Birthday Party planning on the back burner and then turned the burner off. Whoops. Little did I know my mom and her siblings were taking care of us and firing up some plans...of course, this is how things are done in the Padilla family. I wanted to have the party at my Tata's house in Florence, because Henry and his mom love Tata's yard. So they divvied up the food and all we did was show up with the cake. We arrived to a standing ovation...everyone was there before us...whoops again.
I'll eat you up, I love you so
Thanks for helping cousins, this may have taken days. Henry was actually blowing at this point, but you can't tell.
We love Nemo
Anyway Henry loved celebrating his birthday with all of his most favorite people in Arizona. He got a lot of great gifts. Pajamas that he needed desperately and fun clothes (my Aunt Kathy bought the shirt that I REALLY wanted at Target). He kept throwing the clothes off the table to make room for his toys. Thanks all my family for taking care of us and being so generous with Henry. We are so BLESSED!
Henry loved that everyone was singing to him
Some post party wrestling