Friday, September 26, 2008

We Survived!





We survived two weeks of daycare. The first week was really hard for me...I cried a lot. Partly because I was sad to leave Henry and partly because my short friends were kicking my butt. I have a very detailed schedule filled with fun and learning, but often I am in the middle of anarchy of some sort or someone hitting someone or taking something and someone yelling, "MINE!!!!" I hear MINE about 300 times a day. I need a lesson in Love In Logic for toddlers...where's Mary Edmonds when I need her.
Henry has every adult wrapped around his finger. He is pretty tired everyday adjusting to one nap, but usually sneaks a small nap when we get home. He also has been sick this week, but is getting better. It is hard to know how sick he is because he is still happy and playing no matter what. He threw up for the first time and it was very sad.

There are a lot of things to look forward to at the Preschool in this season. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...lots of fun projects and parties. This is the best case scenario for Henry and I, but I still get sad leaving him as he is putting his cute little hands up to me and I have to turn and leave. I never thought someone could tear my heart out like this, but I guess this is the way it goes in Parenthood.

No comments: