Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 Days of Christmas--Day 1


So I decided to make an Advent Calendar or Christmas Countdown of my own. I wanted more than a chocolate candy (although we love those too). Last night at bath time, we talked about things we wanted to do as a family to prepare for Christmas.

And today was DAY ONE
Watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer after bath time
(After we read Day 1 this morning Henry, ran to the bathroom to take a bath.
Sorry bud, maybe we will start reading them at night)

Don't worry, I did not consult Martha Stewart in order to make my
Christmas Countdown.
1. I stuck big address labels that Henry and Jacob painted and markered on some wrapping paper
2. Cut them out
3. Put a number on the wrapping paper side
4. Wrote with a black Sharpie what we were doing
5. Clothes pinned them to a piece of ribbon (I used small clothes pins that I bought for my wedding)
I haven't wrote on all of them yet, just the first 7--(Henry can't read)
AND I took pressure off myself and did not feel the need to finish all 25 dates at one time I only have 10 done

No comments: